Welcome to Frugal Diva Frenzy

PhotoWorks - Free Shipping on Your First Order! Search & Win

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meatballs Crockpot meal

Wednesday, March 24, 2010
I started thinking today that I should post a frugal recipe with great flavor so I'm sharing my Sweet and Sour Meatball. This can be done with any leftover meat that you have on hand as well, chicken, pork, or beef. This is also a in and out of the kitchen type meal as well. I LOVE when they are frugal and easy as well.


*Note: I make my own meatballs to make it more frugal.

32 meatballs (1-2 lbs chicken or other meat)
1 (32oz) jar of Grape Jelly
1 (32oz) container Ketchup
1/2 cup of pepsi or Coke
1 can pineapple chunks
1 green pepper (cleaned and cut in slices)


Take grape jelly and Ketchup and throw in the crockpot, add in Coke or pepsi, stir till mixed together. Add in meat and stir again. Then add in peppers and pineapple and stir again. Turn crockpot on low for 3 hours. If the sauce is to sour add a bit more jelly. If to sweet and a little bit of Ketchup. Serve over rice.

Note: Sounds gross with the ingredients but is soooooo good! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment